Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weekly Update: 4-27-13

I officially ended my run at NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) yesterday with a grand total of 57207 words.  That means I finished approximately 7000 words and 5 days ahead of schedule.  Intellectually, I was pretty satisfied with the work I'd done.  But I was so drained.  I didn't want to celebrate.  I wanted to sprawl on the couch and watch T.V. until it rotted out of my brain.

This week had not been nice to me.  Maybe I worked too hard last week or something, but this week I crashed.  I got a bad case of insomnia on Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night, and partially on Wednesday night.  I felt mildly depressed for a good half a week.  I'd let chores and other tasks pile, but I had no discipline to spare.  And my sinuses were haywire.

Gradually, though, things are getting back to normal.  My insomnia and depression has passed and the sun has returned (literally, as it was cloudy all week).  I got some good reading done yesterday, having finished Bruce Coville's The Skull of Truth.  If I can get some writing an corrspondence done this weekend, I'll be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment