Friday, April 12, 2013

Weekly Update: 4-12-13

I guess some things don't go as you plan.  When I wrote up my schedule for the spring, I didn't plan on my grandma being diagnosed with terminal cancer.  But that's what happened.  This is the time for me to take a close look at my life and figure out what has to change.  Writing accounts for only a small portion of that change.

This week is spring vacation for my school.  At the beginning, I planned to use the extra time to get work done, namely to continue with NaNoWriMo and NaPoWriMo as planned and to try and sneak in another draft of my chapter.  I also had some social engagements.  As everyone does, I tried to schedule in too much during my vacation time and got stressed out.  Then my mom called and asked me to come home.

My grandma was in surgery.  She got out of the hospital on Thursday.  I arrived Wednesday night.  Now spring breaks are not well coordinated, so although I'm on break now, my mother and my aunt (who both work as aids) are not.  They had to take time off work.  At the same time, my grandma is being admitted into hospice.  I was there to keep Grandma company and help out.

They asked me to take off next week to help take care of my grandma, as she recovers from surgery and adjusts to these end-of-life changes.  Since my work is spotty at best, I agreed.  I'm not quite sure how next week will go, but I'll deal with it when it comes.

As for my writing, well, I stayed on track Monday through Wednesday, not so much on Thursday and Friday--for obvious reasons.  I'm struggling to do NaNoWriMo and NaPoWriMo.  If I keep up with those, it will be a miracle.  All other writing is currently on hiatus.  Whatever gets done gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment