Friday, March 1, 2013

Weekly Update: 3-1-13

Happy Beginning of March!

The Orange County weather had been flirtng with warmth all winter long, but now that the first month of spring has rolled on in, it's officially hot.  I still see orange trees with fruit hanging off the branches like bright Christmas ornaments.  My aunt found a hummingbird nest in our tree.  My sinuses are going crazy.  Thusly, do the seasons change.

I'm in a good mood as I write this, because I've finished all of my goals for the winter, more or less, barring getting my driver's license, which has remained stubbornly out of reach.  I edited 3 chapters, did research, wrote 50 pages for my Coffin short story, wrote 2 new short stories, completed editing and posting my fanfiction, and kept up with this blog.

The next three months will be even crazier, especially with Camp NaNoWriMo and NaPoWriMo both converging in April.  I also want to finish my Changelings novel, continue with my Coffin short story at a rate of 3 chapters a month, and keep up this blog.  I've got my work cut out for me, that's for sure.

With so much upcoming work, I was tempted to launch headfirst into it, but some little cry within me said no.  You can start your work tomorrow.  You've completed 3 months of hard goals.  Time to celebrate.  And so I did.  I put aside my work and went out to a nice sushi lunch and spent an hour browsing at Barnes and Noble.

I'd earned the right to have a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment