Saturday, March 16, 2013

Weekly Update: 3-16-13

As far as productivity goes, this week has been awful.  How awful?  It's hard to say, exactly, because I did not keep hours in my journal, as I normally do.  But I'm behind in just about all my writing tasks, plus my taxes, and it's now Saturday afternoon.  If I finish anything, it will be a miracle.

I will say this.  I've been going through a lot of heart issues, many of which has to do with fear.  Fear is often the bane of my existance, and it seems to well up in me like a fountain, for no discernable reason.  When I was a kid, I often wondered why so many of the fairy tale/ fantasy stories emphasized bravery.  Now I know.  Life is scary.  And it's not even the grand, dramatic moments.  Little things scare me just as much.

In short, this has been a week for feeling and dealing with personal issues.  And sometimes, that's good, too.

Brainstorming, interestingly enough, has been probably the most productive thing I've done this week, writing-wise.  I added 15 more pages of notes for my secod novel, in preparation for NaNoWriMo.  I've also done some work on Chapter 29, though I've yet to complete it.  I did some writing for my new Coffin story and I got Rejection #18.  I got two substitute jobs and I went on a date on Monday.  So, all in all, I guess stuff got done.

No comments:

Post a Comment