Friday, March 8, 2013

Weekly Update 3-8-13

Once, while I took a walk around the neighborhood, I spied a tree filled with pink flowers, so bright they almost looked purple against the overcast clouds.  Atop the highest branch, a single hummingbird perched.

Spring is coming, but this week was full of clouds, if not outright showers.  The lack of sun has sapped my energy and made me far from productive.  Luckily, this is the beginning of my spring schedule, filled with brainstorming.  Brainstorming, like an actual storm, is rather blah at times and unpredictable.  I never feel like I get anything accomplished, but I know if I don't put in the work, it suffers.

I started March Crunch, my prequel to Camp NaNoWriMo in April.  After an hour a week just spitballing ideas, I have about 20 pages, a better grasp of the villain, and a sketch of the setting of the final battle.  I re-wrote Chapter 28 in my Changelings novel, but since it only took two days it almost feels like cheating.  I also brainstormed Chapter 29, the final chapter.  I finished Cults in Our Midst, which I consider research for the villains of the story.  I also finished Trickster by Jeff Somers, one of the new books I purchased at Barnes and Noble last Friday.  You'll be hearing more about that later.

I got another rejection, which puts me at 17.  I'm starting to get numb to these.  This weekend I have taxes.  Yay.... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment