Friday, January 24, 2014

Weekly Update: 1-24-14

First of all, I want to thank everyone who sent their encouragement in response to last week's rather gloomy update.  Some weeks are harder than others.  I appreciate the love and support.

This week felt better, in large part because my short story, "The Necklace of Duchelle," got published.   Now I've already shilled it in the article below, but let me just say, when the email came I was happy.  Finally, a response that wasn't a rejection!  But I wasn't as escatic as I thought I'd be.  Soon after I read it, my mind flew back to my schedule for the day, worries over an upcoming dentist appointment, and frustration at lack of subbing jobs (I ended up not working this week).  My lack of celebration puzzled me.

I think sometimes I don't let myself celebrate.  As hard as I work to accomplish something, when I get it, my mind suddenly switches to No Big Deal, Move On.  But I'm working on that.  This Saturday I'm going to the Huntington Library with my friends.  I was planning to be frugal--having no money to speak of--but as a celebratory reward, I think I'll allow myself to spend $10 any way I like.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment