Friday, May 3, 2013

Weekly Update: 5-3-13

A funny thing happened around rejection #20.  My story actually got a critique.  By now, I'm so used to getting generic "We're-not-interested-but-thanks-for-submitting" that getting actual feedback from (several) editors rather took me by surprise.  Of note was that they felt my main character did not have much of an emotional center and that he didn't fully realize he was making a deal with the devil until it was already done.

All in all, I take this as a good sign.  I'm making progress.

As the messiness of April gives way to May, I'm trying to get myself back onto a routine.  But to be honest, what I really want right now is a vacation.  I feel restless.  I want to travel.  I want to play.  My mind keeps calling up images of far-off lands and I wonder if I'll ever get there or if my one chance to go abroad has already been spent.  Although, at this point, I'd settle for a week without writing.  I'm coming to the end and I really, really just want to be done, throw my papers in the air, and scream, "School's out forever!"  How I wish.

1 comment:

  1. Feedback, yippee! Someone cared enough to respond. Great progress. A sale is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete