Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekly Update: 5-12-13

Happy Mother's Day!

When I think of my mother, I am forever grateful for all the care and love she's given me.  She was the one to read to me when I was young, to take me to the library, to marvel at my early stories.  I haven't had much money in a while, so today I mopped the floor for her and picked her a bouquet of flowers.

It was a busy week, a productive week.  I finished editing a chapter, got two subbing jobs, cleaned the front room, wrote a chapter of my coffins story, and went up the hill.  Next week, I'm taking care of my grandma. It's been three weeks since I've seen her and she's lost a lot of weight.  She's thin and frail and I wonder if it will be harder taking care of her than last time.  In my father's garden, the roses grow wild; I hack off dead branches when I want to clear my mind.  It's a purging experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment