Saturday, August 16, 2014

Progress on the Cover

Every third Saturday, I meet with the Brea Library Writer's Club at a local bakery called I Kneed Love. We brainstorm ideas, show off our latest writing project, and just hang out. This week, I wasn't able to make it due to house-sitting duties in Victorville. So, in honor of the club, I wanted to show off the latest version of my cover by Kaleo Welborn, my illustrator and one of the founding members of the club.
 
Here's the old version:
 
 
And here's the latest version:
 

 
The detail is just incredible. It's practically photo realistic, and I love the embroidery on the collar. Now, for those of you missing the castle, don't worry, it's coming. I'd also like to play with the font a bit, too. But even as a work-in-progress, I'm amazed how nice and professional it looks. Great job Kaleo!

No comments:

Post a Comment