Friday, June 21, 2013

Weekly Update: 6-21-13

It's done.

My novel.  The baby I've been nuturing for nine and a half years.  On Monday, I finished editing the last chapter--which, ironically enough, was Chapter 1.  I feel I've gotten as far as I could go with the story by myself.   Any other corrections will require help. So, with a twitch in my stomach, I send it off to my Beta readers.

There's been a lot of conflicting emotion with finishing my novel.  I've been reflecting on it and I'll probably write more extensively on it in the next few days.

In the meantime, school's out and I've been torn by the desire to do nothing and the desire to do everything.  My aunt and I have started cleaning the garage, rendering the living room a mess.  It is part maze, part fort of cardboard boxes and all I can say is that I really hope I'm not standing in the middle of it when an earthquake strikes.  I've also done Beta reading and brainstorming.  Today I'm celebrating my dad's birthday and tomorrow I'm going to Manzanar.

It should be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment