Friday, February 15, 2013

Weekly Update: 2/15/13

I wore a pink sweater for Valentine's Day and spent the whole day hard at work.  A chemistry teacher got a bad case of the flu, so I found myself subbing for her on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  (I would have gotten a job on Wednesday, but another sub snatched it out from under my nose.)  Unfortunately, by Thursday, she'd run out of work to assign, so I had to improvise.

I spent about two and a half hours making a worksheet to go with a video.  On Friday, while the students watched the video, I graded the previous class' worksheet.  I must have graded 150 worksheets.  On the one hand, I felt like a real teacher, making plans and grading papers.  On the other hand, I felt like a bad teacher as I wasn't really teaching them.  It was all busy work.  The poor students had four days without learning anything new.  And I couldn't teach them, because I could hardly remember even the basics of chemistry.

In other news, I re-took my driver's test and flunked it a second time.  Man, that was depressing.  I got criticized for not braking right, going too slow, and using my side mirror too much while reversing.  But what disqualified me was not looking over my shoulder when I shifted into the left turn lane.  So, to summarize, driving sucks and I'll probably wind up as a pedestrian for the rest of my life.

While all this was going on, I somehow managed to edit 9 pages of my novel, post my pokemon fanfiction, and finish A History of the World in 6 Glasses.  (The review will be coming along shortly.)  I feel sort of exhausted, but my week ain't over yet.  This Saturday I'm going to Santa Barbara for the weekend.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment