Friday, September 23, 2016

Weekly Update: 9-23-16 Feeling Moody

Like a ship's wreckage,
I float along. It's my right
to be melancholy.

I did warn you. The calm never lasts. Neither do the achievements.

This week I crashed. I could tell by the lack of energy. It felt difficult to gather up the willpower and drive. I did what absolutely had to be done. But I felt blue the whole time. I moved slowly, and I lost the ability to multi-task. I began watching movies.

I don't know why this happens.

If I did one thing right this week, it was to begin my revision of Company, my YA paranormal romance/ mystery about a ghost and an imaginary friend. That meant shuffling through my notes and pictures of Big Bear Lake and Lake Arrowhead (my inspiration for the setting), drawing pictures of the house they haunt, and re-writing huge chunks of the opening chapters. I worked from 8:00-5:30, practically non-stop, all Wednesday.  At the end of the day, I felt bad about all I'd done. I'd accomplished a lot... but it wasn't what I was supposed to be doing.

I think of this as disguised procrastination. Though I may be too hard on myself.

Today I worked at Valadez Middle School, my only job for the week. And if there is one thing about working a junior high, it does get your energy level up.

Maybe this is part of an upward trend. Maybe my bout of melancholy is passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment