Friday, February 6, 2015

Weekly Update: 2-6-15 Interview and Disney Costumes

The big news of the week is that I got my first author interview from Michelle Knowlden. In her monthly segment, "Friday Breakfast with an Author,"she asked me about my novel, my writing process, and my upcoming projects. You can read all about it in the link below:

https://mlknowlden.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/february-2015-first-friday-breakfast-with-an-author/

Michelle has interviewed many authors far more established than me, so it was a real honor to be part of the club. I have to admit that it still hasn't quite clicked that I'm an author yet. I feel like a writer... but with a book now available to the public. Maybe it will start to sink in during the launch party.

* * *

In other news...

This Friday was Senior Dress Up Day at Brea Olinda High, where I was subbing for the third day this week. (Yay for jobs!) The theme seemed to be Disney. Now high school students are too old for the sanctified princess gowns sold at the Disney Store and not yet rich enough to drop loads of money on a custom outfit. This leaves them with whatever they can scrounge up from the closet and their imaginations. I was impressed and bemused by the costumes that some of them came up with.

Disney Costume #1

White pants
+
White sweatshirt stuffed with pillow
+
White swim camp
+
Paper mask
=
Baymax from Big Hero 6

Disney Costume # 2

Red tunic with gold trim
+
Yellow baseball cap with lid facing up
+
Yellow foam cut into a semi-circle and stapled on lid
+
Sandals
=

Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove

 Disney Costume #3

Wife beater
+
Hawaiian shorts
+
Sunglasses
+
Ice cream cone with no ice cream
=


Ice Cream Guy from Lilo and Stitch


It's amazing what you can create with a odds and ends and a little imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment