Saturday, November 22, 2014

Weekly Update: 11-22-14

In a burst of writing, I wrote 7000 words yesterday (28 pages) and got my word count up to 50,333, the required limit to complete Nanowrimo. But I'm not done yet. I have a few more days left in National Novel Writing Month and a few more words I'd like to get out.

It felt really nice to sit (or, in my case, lay) down and just write for hours at a time. I hit a vein of inspiration and feverishly mined it until it had run out. By the end of it I had a bit of a headache, and I fet wired, but in a good way. There is an obsessive part of my brain that likes to get lost in a different world for hours at a time. When its triggered, it clings to the object of its obsession and not let go.

Case in point: last weekend, I popped open The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug DVD, and watched the entire movie, all 10 hours of behind-the-scenes extras, and the entire movie again with the director's commentary. Of course, I knew it was a risk, allowing my Middle Earth geekdom to show its face, so I planned for the event by getting out my stamping supplies. I put together 25 Christmas cards, plus 4 sparkly dragons. So it was not an entire waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment