Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekly Update: 6-8-14

If I ever get married, I think I'll just elope.
 
Yesterday was my cousin's wedding, and I was one of the bridesmaids. I helped with the potluck dinner (my cousin and I made lasagnas), set up chairs and tables, decorated, participated in a dance, and did odd jobs leading up to the ceremony. Even for a simple wedding, there's so much work and almost no way to prevent the last minute stress that descends within the last 24-hours before the ceremony. As a member of the bridal party, it was my responsiblity to delegate that stress away from the bride and groom. By the end of it, I was exhausted.
 
And ready for cake
 
The important thing, though, was that my cousin and his new wife had a good time and created memories for their new life together.  Congratulations, Mitchell and Krystal.
 
Aside from the wedding, I also finished up an edit of The Changelings, Chapters 1-10.  I managed to get the first third of my epic fantasy novel down to around 58,000 words, or roughly 220 pages. If I could keep up that pace, I might be able to clock in at less than 650 pages. 
 
I also made cards.
 
Cards

 As June begins, I'll have to work out a summer schedule. I have plans to do Camp Nano in July and I hope to take some day trips around So-Cal.  But one of my major goals is to work to get The Changelings published by early next year. All that's to come. So stay tuned.

1 comment: