Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekly Update: 12/16/12

My aunt put the Christmas decorations up on Thanksgiving, and I'm finally getting in the holiday spirit.  The other day I spontaneously burst into caroling.  Unfortunately, the carols I most wanted to sing were the ones I didn't know the words, so I ended up humming.

"Hum-hum-hum on the Feast of Stephen Hum-hum-hum."
"Glo-o-o-o-ria. Something something deo."

I had two substitute jobs, which constituted a good week of work for me.  I'd like to have 2-3 jobs a week.  Then maybe I could think about medical insurance.  But I'm not quite there yet, leaving me with lots of writing hours and sporadic anxious insomnia.

I finished a draft of Chapter 26 of my novel, then turned back and re-wrote it.  The first draft, I focused on ideas and logic.  The second draft, I focused on images and feelings.  The final draft will involve language and the nitty-gritty of point of view.  This chapter's fun, as it involves murder and madness, but I'm worried that the madness clashes with the murder.  I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

I raided my local library and came up with two books on ghosts, a book on cults, and a book on science and the soul.  My aunt also loaned me a couple of books on true crime.  These are all for research purposes, naturally.  In addition, I read that parasites can cause you to pee blood and smallpox might make your skin ooze off you in sheets.  Thanks a lot Killer Germs by Barry and David Zimmerman. A girl without health insurance really needs to know how many ways disease can kill her.

No comments:

Post a Comment