|It's your fault!|
I'm now actively trying to become an English teacher. I have a BA in Creative Writing; what I need is a single-subject credential. Merely, to apply for the credential program in Cal-State Fullerton, I needed to assemble:
- An application to Cal-State Fullerton (with fees)
- An application to the credential program (with fees)
- Essays for both applications
- My college transcripts
- Passing CBEST scores (general knowledge proficiency)
- Passing CSET scores (specific area knowledge proificency)
- CPR training certification
- TB test documentation
- Fingerprint live scan
- Recommendation from 2 college professors
- Personal recommendation
- 4 Prerequisite courses with 45 hours of classroom observation
- Pass an Interview
|The despair is real.|
The Bad News: I botched my interview and didn't make into the credential program for the Fall 2016 school year.
Supremely frustrating, isn't it? But I have a few options. I can spend fall taking 2 more classes they recommend (but not require) students take before entering the credential program and get those out of the way. I can then apply for the Spring 2017 credential program and hope and pray I get into that. This time, I might not limit myself to applying only at Cal-State Fullerton. I may branch out to other schools.
|And maybe someday I'll actually become a teacher.|
However, now that summer is here, I hope to be able to have some more time to write, to do fun stuff, to breathe. We'll see how it goes, but I will try to update more consistently... starting tomorrow.