Saturday, January 5, 2013

Weekly Update: 1/5/13

At last I'm 28.  The twenties are falling out from under me.  30 looms on the horizon.

I celebrated my birthday at It's a Grind coffeehouse in Anaheim with Michelle and Jean.  The waiter gave me a gingerbread mocha with a heart in the steam.  Later that night, we got Chinese food.  My aunt made me a stack of red velvet cupcakes with exactly 28 candles on them.  I couldn't blow them all out.

Brea Library Writer's Club was a small group today: only five of us showed up.  Ned spoke about an app called Ether Books (www.etherbooks.com) that publishes and lets you read short stories for free.  They'll even pay you for your story if it meets certain criteria.  I should look into it.  There's a Saint Patrick's Day short story coming up in March, but I don't know if I should enter.

I'm so close to finishing Chapter 26, I can taste it.  Literally 1 1/2 pages stand between me and success.  I will vanquish it tonight and check it off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment